Friday, June 14, 2013

Making Like Mindy

I'm trying to spend a little time looking at other blogs -see what works and what doesn't. I'm sure it'll take some time to figure out what I want my blog to say, how I want it to look, what i want to focus on, how much other than art to include here but I'll get there.

It the meantime, Oh boy can the computer suck up time. Popping from one site to the next. Really cool stuff but quite intimidating. It is so tempting to compare myself with other artists. So not a good idea. It can bring out all my insecurities and self-doubt. On the other hand, seeing what others are doing is also very inspiring.

One site I happened upon this evening is Mindy Lacefeld's blog http://www.timssally.com/
I love her spontaneity and the child-like quality to her paintings. I clicked on her youtube tutorial "Release" and even though it is on fast-forward. I tried to paint along at the speed of the video -not the same exact picture but one inspired by hers. I had to pause once to catch up but it was fun... & a bit crazy trying to paint so fast. I can tend to get a little tight when I paint and I like doing exercises to loosen me up. (Another method I sometimes use is to not wear my glasses until I m almost done -just so I don't stay in the lines) Anyways, here's how my painting turned out as well as the video I followed (assuming I can figure out how to embed it) Good Night for now :)




No comments:

Post a Comment