Sunday, May 3, 2015

Change is in the Air!

I am Super Excited about all the Changes which will be Happening in my Life very Soon!

Laurie Sikorowski Mixed Media #Artwork

I've been prepping myself for new beginnings since the first of the year.  2014 seems to have been about loss and letting go, but 2015 is all about transformation and purposefully embracing life.  It is time for act three!  I don't know yet exactly how it is going to play out but it is going to take bravery and stepping out of my comfort zone -my safe little cocoon if you will.  

Actually, I like the metaphor of emerging from a cocoon.  It brings to mind the little story of the butterfly who even though he'd promised to come back to his caterpillar friend and explain what being a butterfly was like, he couldn't as there were no words and he knew that once his friend had experienced the change for himself, he would totally understand why.

I'm ready for this remarkable experience. This shedding of the old and taking on the new.  Maybe I'm merely hyped on hyperbole -but I'm letting my fragile dreams bubble and rise like the effervescent pop of just poured soda.  It is new and magical.  We shouldn't always harness our enthusiasm for life by maybes.

Dreamboat Art

If something is possible, it is possible.  It is not a half full or half empty thing (although I am usually a half full kind of gal) it is more of a "if there is an 80% chance of rain that means there is a 20% chance of sunshine" or even if it is stormy, is it a "I'll wear polkadot puddle jumpers and bring a bright red umbrella so I can dance in the rain" kind of think.  

Making the most of all the open doors and being grateful of the closed ones.  For without the closed doors, I might have missed the chance to open this very one which will lead to all sorts of amazing adventures.  Doors that if I'd gotten to before now, I wouldn't have been able to step through.  Timing is everything.  I truly believe that all our experiences are planned out to make us ready for what is ahead.  

Eve and the Apple

I remember when I taught children's Sunday School -one of my very favorite lessons was to go over with each child just how very special and unique they truly were and how God could use only them for what purposes he had personally selected for their life. There are no coincidences.  What we could construe as handicaps or setbacks were only tools and opportunities in the hands of our great God.  In my own life, if I didn't struggle with my weight, I wouldn't be able to empathize as easily with those battling with addiction, whether alcohol, drugs, sex, or anything else that has a seemingly supernatural grasp on one's actions.  This is just one example, but there are so many where God has taken my failings or thorns and used them for a positive purpose.  Then there are the talents and blessings of which we are each so uniquely gifted and just how important it is to nurture and share them.  I think this little Sunday School lesson resonates so deeply because as I was teaching it to the kids, I was also reminding myself of these deep truths and I personally needed to hear it again and again.  How awesome is it that we are so intensely loved and valued and have been given such great purpose and responsibility. (Oh yeah, also I made all sorts of cool artsy crafts and games to go along with the class)

Laurie Anne Smith Sikorowski

Well, this is what I am thinking and feeling right now.  I can't wait to share more of my journey as it unfolds!  Ok, God, I'm ready for you to lead me into that place you have been preparing me for.  Take my hand and let's go!  What a Beautiful Ride it will be!!!

Quote for today:
"We are at our very best, and we are happiest, when we are fully engaged in work we enjoy on the journey toward the goal we've established for ourselves. It gives meaning to our time off and comfort to our sleep. It makes everything else in life so wonderful, so worthwhile." -Earl Nightingale

Music for today: Echosmith's "Bright"

#MixedMediaArt #NewBeginnings #Artist

No comments:

Post a Comment