Thursday, January 22, 2015

Quick Little Catch Me Up

Hello Beautiful Ones! Ready for Some Atsy Fun!


I hope your new year has been skipping along nicely.  Personally, I've had lots of artsy fun lately. Most everything is in various stages somewhere between sketch and background.  I sure hope I can get a little time to finish up a few this weekend.  I thought as a tide me over I'd post a one of my "Star" ATCs (artist trading cards) which I will be sending off to swap tomorrow.  I hadn't gotten out my watercolors recently and it was fun playing with them again.  I have a relatively large word painting that I am going to do in watercolor and I figured it would be prudent to practice with a mini painting first. 

Laurie Anne Smith Sikorowski's Art

Next, I'm showing off a photo of my version of the "Beacon of Light" art journal page based off the Life Book lessons.  I'm actually pretty happy with her.  The flying heart and floating key are elements that came to me during a meditation and fit the theme of an artistic muse or guide perfectly.  I think the most challenging part of Life Book will be participating in the lessons and prompts but still keeping them wholly my own.  (Not that if something is completely new I'm against copying parts to get the hang of a special technique before taking it in to my own direction -that's part of the learning process)  

I'm totally excited about seeing so many artist's versions of art and hearing what inspires and moves them.  I will probably be able to manage the time for about half but the great thing is I can download the rest and then one year's worth of lessons actually becomes two year's worth.

Well, I'm going to keep it short and sweet tonight.  
Have a blessed week and keep on creating :)

Music (so much fun -I love this song!): 

Mark Ronson - Uptown Funk ft. Bruno Mars


No comments:

Post a Comment