Sunday, October 6, 2013

Being Brave

This is a red version of my brave redhead warrior princess. At least that is how I see her. I created this collage and acrylic painting when I was bordering on panic with so much to do and so many decisions to make in my life. I wanted to represent the inner calm that comes when I release control and let God take over. There comes this peace that no matter what the winds of the world throw at you, it is ok. 

I have always loved the Ralph Waldo Emerson quote,"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lie within us." It sort of summed up what I was trying to portray with this image. Being brave doesn't always mean taking heroic measures, sometimes it means standing steady, waiting patiently, or simply persevering.


Today's Music: Brave by Sara Bareilles
5x7 Print for Sale on Etsy: Red Storm

No comments:

Post a Comment